Reasons why the Big "Chop" is totally worth it:
Are you contemplating going back to your natural hair, but not quite sure how to do it?
Have no fear! We are here to help you come up with the best gameplan to get your hair back to looking au naturale!
The good news is that you have two options to do this. For most women, you can decide to transition from chemically treating your hair to your natural curls or just biting the bullet and going for the big chop.
Well for those of you who are thinking about doing the big chop, but aren’t sure if you can pull it off, we’d like to share with you the benefits of rocking a shorter hairstyle.
So, what is the Big Chop?
If you aren’t sure what exactly a "big chop" is, it is cutting off all of your damaged or over-processed hair. This cut gets your hair back to being more natural and often results in very short hair.
We know the thought of having short hair can be scary for most women, but afterwards you are left feeling empowered when you see your hair 100% in its natural state.
After a big chop, most women are excited to start fresh with healthy hair. (And good news IT DOES GROW BACK!!)
So, what are the benefits of the Big Chop?
- Doing the big chop makes getting used to your hair texture so much more comfortable. Unlike the transitioning route, you only have one texture to manipulate and manage.
- You have an immediate sense of satisfaction knowing that your hair is immediately healthy again.
- Hair products also tend to work better after a big chop. With only natural hair on your head, you will have a better understanding of how products actually work for you and your hair.
- If you are afraid to do a big chop because you are not sure how it will look on you, think about sleeping an extra 30 minutes to an hour in the morning. Sounds great, right? Having a shortcut is low-maintenance, and it is easy to care for.
- To big chop, a woman needs to carry a great deal of confidence and fierceness. Need we say more?
If you’re considering the Big Chop, feel free to give us a call at (678) 765-2515 or stop in to the salon and we would be happy to answer any questions you may have!